The Laboratory of Excellence in Arts and Human Mediations is part of the “Investments for the future” program since 2011. As part of this program, its members conduct research following three main lines: situations, technologies, hybridization.
Through the dimension of sensitivity and perception, a reflection in action is performed: corporeal and psychological, intellectual and symbolic, its treasures of technique and imagination spread into the artistic field and extend to the social sphere. Recent developments in digital technologies now allow us to expand our thoughts concerning potentialities. Research focuses on how artistic and creative practices and their mediation function in the following areas:
Processes and functioning in creation: sensitivity and perception, behaviors, processes of appropriation, decision, action, composition; new forms of development and learning in arts and human mediations; art, critique and society; art and science; memory, creation, archives and collections.
The wealth inherited from specific techniques, the work on sensitivity as it was constituted, the processes sedimented in a variety of disciplines remain essential to arts.
New technologies are, however, one of the factors that tend to transform the way art makes sensitivity perceptible. The evolution of the relations between players, creators, designers of artworks and the public is corollary of this transformation.
Research focuses on the consequences of this new digital configuration, in art and in the world. It may extend beyond the "digital sector" and develop in the field of the history of technologies: artistic devices and sensitive categories (sounds, images, texts); tools, concepts and artistic practices (art and environment, art and mobility, art and science); ergonomics, creation and human diversity (design, environments and adapted mediations).
Research focuses on the forms of hybridization in the history of arts, or on the impact the hybridizations have in the contemporary world:
Combination of arts (text and digital technology, opera and staging, dance and interactivity, performance and plastic arts).
Human / Technology (technologies and behaviors, technologies and representations, philosophy).
The Labex Arts-H2H is directed by three committees:
A Strategic Board, a Scientific Board and a Steering Committee, the executive authority of the Labex Arts-H2H.
President of the University Paris 8
President of the University Paris Ouest
Project editor for the Petite Collection and Grande Collection: TBA
Coordinator of doctoral students: Céline Frigau-Manning
For any inquiries, please contact us:
- Arts des Images et Art Contemporain - EA 4010 , Paris 8
- Esthétique, musicologie, danse et création musicale Musidanse - EA 1572 , Paris 8
- Scènes du monde, création, savoirs critiques - EA 1573 , Paris 8
- Paragraphe - EA 349 , Paris 8
- CHART Cognition humaine et ARTificielle - EA 4004 , Paris 8
- Structures formelles du langage - UMR 7023 , CNRS/Paris 8
- Laboratoire d’études romanes - EA 4385 , Paris 8
- Transferts critiques et dynamique des savoirs- EA 1569 , Paris 8
- Littérature et histoires, esthétique - EA 7322 , Paris 8
- Laboratoire parisien de psychologie sociale - EA 4386 , Paris Ouest/Paris 8
- Histoire des arts et des représentations (Paris Ouest) - EA 4414 , Paris Ouest
- Laboratoire d’études et de recherche sur les logiques contemporaines de la philosophie - EA 4008 , Paris 8
- Esthétique, sciences et technologies du cinéma et de l’audiovisuel - EA 2302 , Paris 8
- Centre d’Études sur les Médias, les Technologies et l’Internationalisation (CEMTI) - EA 3388 , Paris 8